Youth & Families
An array of programs complements each exhibition, with themes and hands-on projects that enliven artwork on view.
- Art Park: Interactive family gallery offers ever-changing, drop-in family fun: hands-on art- and nature-based activities, Reading Hills for story time, costumes, puzzles, and puppet play. Designed with children in mind, Art Park appeals to the child in all of us.
- Sculpture Garden and Grounds: Delights at every turn; sculptures are enhanced by garden scents, colors, forms, and textures that change with every season
- Galleries: Visit often to see what’s new on view
- Temporary Exhibitions: Artwork brought from throughout the world
- Museum Collection Exhibitions: Artwork focused on the natural world
- Online Options: Diversion and inspiration always available
Please note: Museum programs are curtailed as a Covid precaution; programming is being re-imagined and will be offered as appropriate.
- Art Babies, birth-18 months: Group experiences encourage socialization and sensory stimulation. Prams, strollers, and front packs welcome. Call 715.845.7010 to register.
- Art Time for Tots, 18 months-4 years: Age-appropriate gallery tour and art activities are designed for a group of pairs: a toddler with a parent or accompanying adult. Call 715.845.7010 to register.
- Art 4 You, 4 years: Age-appropriate gallery tour and art activities are designed for a group of pairs: a 4-year-old with a parent or accompanying adult. Call 715.845.7010 to register.
- Toddler Tuesday, 18 months-4 years: Monthly drop-in play-and-learn time packed with art activities, stories, and a snack to fuel creativity. Third Tuesday morning of each month, 10:30 am-Noon.
- Art Kids, 5-12 years: Hands-on opportunities encourage self-expression through art; participants, divided into age-appropriate groups, explore art-making processes and materials. Call 715.845.7010 to register.
- Art Park Open Studio, all ages: Drop in on the first Saturday afternoon each month to experiment with provided art materials.
- Treasuring Memories: Children, families, and individuals coping with the death of a loved one express feelings through art projects incorporating mementos during bi-annual sessions; call 715.845.7010 to register.
- Summer Art Sessions are offered for children ages 5-8 and ages 9-12.