The Woodson Art Museum’s partnerships and public programs are an integral part of the community tapestry. An array of more than two dozen public programs for all ages are offered monthly to complement every exhibition: Art Babies, Art Time for Tots, Toddler Tuesday, Little Masters, Young Artists, Art Park Open Studio, Art History 101, SPARK!. These public programs are visible and they create structure. It’s the less visible threads – the Museum’s collaborative partnerships – that add even greater richness and support to this community tapestry.
The Museum’s community partnerships include:
· Wausau 21st Century Community Learning Centers’ after-school enrichment programs
· Marathon County Public Library Teen Summer kickoff party
· Family University Network (F.U.N.) – activities focused on parent education and family engagement
· Department of Public Instruction’s early identification program
· 8th Grade Career Fair serving Abbotsford, Marathon, Medford, Merrill, Mosinee, Prentice, Spencer, and Wausau school districts
· Head Start Family Art Nights (Wausau, Mosinee, Weston) and Making Friends through Art programs
· D.C. Everest Junior and Senior High History Day community awards
· Boys & Girls Club
· Boy Scouts
· EVERCON–yearly event held by the D.C. Everest Gaming Club
· Girl Scouts
· Marshfield Clinic’s Weston Center breast cancer support group
· Aspirus Women’s Health
· Aspirus Comfort Care and Hospice Services’ Treasuring Memories art making
· UW-Stevens Point Museum Studies students
Are you surprised that the Woodson Art Museum partners with all these local and regional schools, hospitals, and organizations?
The Woodson Art Museum, considered a mid-sized museum, serves 56,000 visitors annually, including 11,000 school children on class visits, with two thirds of those visitors coming from the local area. The Museum’s partnerships throughout north central Wisconsin connect, enrich, and strengthen the fabric of our community.