Crisp autumn air, when it arrives, signals a reminder. This time of year, before fall foliage turns into the annual yardwork project, is perfect for mini-excursions. Apple orchards, hikes and bike rides, and day-trip drives rise to the top of fall wish lists.
As weather becomes more fickle, though, indoor venues with outdoor options are appealing and the Woodson Art Museum offers plenty to explore: Birds in Art 2021, the recently debuted Rooftop Sculpture Garden, Birding by the Book, and hands-on art making via Art Park, Art Kits, Art à la Carte, and Activity Guides are a few of the most recent highlights.
As you make fall plans, consider comments from recent visitors, gleaned from online reviews and the Museum’s digital guestbook, and invite friends and family to join you at the Woodson Art Museum.
- The Rooftop Sculpture Garden is a great addition to the museum! Enjoyed the views from the rooftop!
- As an art major in college and someone that grew up with access to Boston and New York’s art museums, I am very picky about art museums. I had low expectations for this small town museum but was very happily surprised! It has a lovely collection of well-curated artwork. The sculpture garden was also beautiful and we went back the next day to read and draw in the peaceful garden again. Highly recommend!!
- We stopped in Wausau on our way to Bayfield and lucked into finding this lovely museum . . . The focus of the museum is birds and their collection is stunning. Highly recommend this place.
- Wonderful place with two of my favorites: art and nature. We enjoyed the sculpture garden and each of the exhibitions.
- Everything exceeds expectations.
- Beautiful art and nature.
- Beautiful grounds and always great exhibitions.
- Overwhelming beauty, cheerful boost.
- Quality of art and variety of exhibitions.
- We love birding and photography. We live near Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas, and learned about this which is also very nice.
- This art museum is truly a crown jewel. Very beautiful and impressive.
- The beauty inspired us to make beauty in our own space.
- Loved all the exhibitions indoors and outdoors.
- I thought that it was great to see the skill levels of all of the artists with the different mediums. Everything was beautiful!!!
- I am inspired by the consistent quality of work exhibited.
- We’re inspired by the diversity and quality of exhibitions. First time out since pandemic lock down. Love coming here. Many memories . . .
- Beautiful depictions of birds, light, and nature.
- A beautiful environment – building, gardens, and art.
- What a calming presence this place has. And great exhibitions! Don’t forget to walk the sculpture garden.
Seize this season by visiting the Woodson Art Museum soon and often to explore new wonders in store.