Woodson Art Museum Offers Four-Day Iowa Trip
By: Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum on February 9th, 2017
WAUSAU, WISCONSIN: The Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum is offering a four-day trip to experience art museums and architecture in Iowa, June 21-24, 2017. Distinctive buildings showcase the talents of pioneer Louis Sullivan, and Prairie-style architects Frank Lloyd Wright and Walter Burley Griffin.
Join Andy McGivern, the Museum’s curator of exhibitions, and his wife, Jeana, for a four-day excursion, departing from the Art Museum early Wednesday morning, June 21, and returning late evening on Saturday, June 24.
Iowa itinerary highlights:
- Des Moines Art Center and the Pappajohn Sculpture Park
- Grinnell College’s Faulconer Gallery in the Cesar Pelli-designed Bucksbaum Center for the Arts
- Sullivan’s “jewel box” Merchants National Bank in downtown Grinnell and Griffin’s Ricker House
- Wright-designed properties, including the Historic Park Inn Hotel – the last remaining Wright-designed and built hotel – and Dr. G.C. Stockman House in Mason City
- Brucemore, a historic estate, and Sullivan’s St. Paul’s United Methodist Church in Cedar Rapids
- National Czech & Slovak Museum, featuring an exhibition of Dale Chihuly’s splendid “Venetians”
- Cedar Rapids Museum of Art and 5 Turner Alley, Grant Wood’s home and studio
- Acclaimed restaurants featuring farm-to-table cuisine and other surprises
The trip price of $1,590 for Museum members (per person, double occupancy) or $1,690 for non-members (per person, double occupancy) includes:
- Luxury-level motor-coach transportation;
- Accommodations for three nights at The Hotel at Kirkwood Center in Cedar Rapids;
- Four breakfasts, four lunches, and four dinners, including wine or beer each evening; and
- All admissions and guides throughout, and all gratuities.
Single-occupancy adds $295 to the costs. A $500 deposit is required by April 1 to reserve a place. Call the Museum at 715-845-7010 or email email@example.com to reserve a spot.
Woodson Art Museum Hours
First Thurs of each month 9am–7:30pm
Thursdays during Birds in Art 9am–7:30pm
Closed Mon & holidays, including New Year’s Day, Easter, July 4, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas
Would you like to post a comment? Follow us on Facebook and join the discussion!
Subscribe to the Museum's weekly blog, Woodson Wanderings.