Please note cancellations and changes in 2020; check with each venue for details.
Wausau’s Artrageous Weekend, the collaborative promotion of four separate events, will not occur in 2020. Events have been cancelled due to Covid-19 concerns.
- Art in the Park at Marathon Park will not occur in 2020; it is postponed until 2021.
- Although the Birds in Art 2020 exhibition is scheduled to open on Saturday, September 12, there will be no Master Artist Talk and no Artists in Action on Saturday, September 12, 2020, at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum.
- Festival of Arts will not occur in 2020.
- Center for the Visual Arts is cancelling its events associated with Wausau’s Artrageous Weekend 2020.
Traditionally held on the weekend after Labor Day, the 2020 dates would have been Saturday, September 12 & Sunday, September 13, 2020.
- Postponed until 2021 Art in the Park, organized by the Wisconsin Valley Art Association, brings together more than 120 exhibitors in the East Gate Hall and Exhibition Building in Marathon Park on Stewart Avenue near 17th Avenue on Wausau’s west side. Affordable art and hand-crafted items available for purchase include pottery, wearable art, paintings, photography, and more. A children’s art and craft area offers free activities as well as children’s book reading sessions. Food and beverages are available for purchase from local non-profit groups and businesses; ATM available. Free admission. Saturday, 9am–5pm; Sunday, 9am–4pm.
- Cancelled for 2020 Festival of Arts, Festival of Arts, now in its 56th year, is located on Third Street and the 400 Block and offers for purchase work by over 120 juried artists representing a variety of mediums. Strolling down Third Street, the festive browse-and-buy atmosphere is enhanced by live music on two stages. On the 400 Block, families can participate in children’s art activities in the Family Art tent and enjoy family appropriate entertainment on the Family Stage. At the Young Collector Market and Scholarship Silent Auction, art collectors of all ages can purchase art generously donated by Festival artists with the proceeds providing scholarships for area art students. Food stands, operated by local non-profit organizations, offer a delicious assortment of food and beverages. Free admission. Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Cancelling its associated weekend events Center for the Visual Arts, 427 N. Fourth Street, is a 501-(c)3 not-for-profit visual arts organization working to engage people in the visual arts and add to the livability of the Wausau regional community. This is accomplished through free exhibits in four professional gallery spaces, by offering affordable art classes for children and adults through the CVA School of Art, selling original artist work in the CVA Gift Shop located in Washington Square, bringing free family art projects to community events throughout the year, and collaborating with other local organizations and businesses to enrich the community. Free admission. Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m; Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Birds in Art opening weekend at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum features extended hours. There will be no Master Artist Talk and no Artists in Action on Saturday, September 12, 2020, Browse galleries to see fresh artistic takes on birds by some of the world’s most talented artists in an array of mediums, portraying unexpected perspectives, amusing poses, and majestic bearing. This 45th-annual, internationally renowned “Birds in Art” exhibition presents paintings, graphics, and sculptures created by more than 100 artists who bring a global perspective to their passion for birds. Always free admission. Special opening-weekend hours: Saturday, September 12, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday, September 13, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. “Birds in Art” remains on view through November 29, 2020.
For details or additional information, contact each organization:
- Art in the Park, Wisconsin Valley Art Association, firstname.lastname@example.org, wivalleyart.org
- Festival of Arts, 715-842-1676, email@example.com, wausaufoa.org
- Center for the Visual Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org, 715-842-4545, cvawausau.org
- Woodson Art Museum, email@example.com, 715-845-7010, lywam.org/birds-in-art
Access photos via links, below. Click on the following underlined captions, which are URL links to access photos from each venue; please include caption information with images used.
Festival of Arts hi-res photo: Shoppers stroll amongst booths downtown at Festival of Arts during Wausau’s Artrageous Weekend.
Center for the Visual Arts hi-res photo: Artwork in the Center for the Visual Arts galleries
Art in the Park photo: Art in the Park artist demonstration at Marathon Park during Wausau’s Artrageous Weekend
Woodson Art Museum hi-res photo: The Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum