Arkansas Artistry: Featuring Little Rock & Crystal Bridges
Monday, October 7 – Saturday, October 12, 2024
Join us for an art-filled, immersive, and all-inclusive experience, touring Arkansas art and architecture spanning the vibrant cities of Bentonville, Little Rock, and Eureka Springs.
We’ll depart from the Woodson Art Museum on Monday, October 7, returning Saturday, October 12, 2024. A motorcoach will take us from the Museum to an airport and we will fly in and out of Little Rock. Group flight reservations do not allow us to book flights until February 2024; the Museum will book your flight for an additional cost to be billed with the Travel Deposit Receipt in March 2024. For those eager to join the group from locations far beyond Wausau, we can make arrangements to connect with you in Little Rock.
Please consider the highlights of our Arkansas Artistry: Featuring Little Rock & Crystal Bridges itinerary:
- Immerse yourself in the vast complex of Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, where “art and nature are experienced simultaneously and harmoniously” and we will discuss highlights of its architectural design, view some of its most iconic paintings, and explore the surrounding trails and sculpture.
- Meet with museum leadership at the Arkansas Museum of Fine Art, which just reopened to the public this spring following a major renovation.
- Enjoy a walking tour through Little Rock’s Argenta Arts District followed by an exclusive evening with Robyn Horn, one of Arkansas’ most celebrated artists, during a wine reception in her Little Rock studio (above right).
- Explore Fay Jones’ unique architectural style with a visit to Thorncrown Chapel (above left) in Eureka Springs followed by a trolley tour of the historic district, and winery tour and tasting.
- View more of Fay Jones’ architecture on a customized tour at the University of Arkansas and meet faculty along with a gallery tour at the School of Art (above middle).
- Share memorable meals with one another with a variety of exceptional cuisines and surprises that make Woodson Art Museum travel adventures extra special, including a tour and tasting at Keels Creek Winery, dinner in historic Rogers amid architectural treasures and brick-lined streets, and a farewell dinner in a restored Spanish Colonial Revival home.
We are enormously excited to again offer a custom-designed travel program in tandem with our long-standing and trusted partners at Academic Travel Abroad. Those who have traveled previously with the Museum know that Academic Travel Abroad is meticulous in both the planning and delivery of travel experiences.
The trip price – $4,095, double occupancy for Museum members; $4,345, double occupancy for non-members; $675 single supplement – includes the following:
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation throughout.
- Accommodations for five nights at Double Tree Hotel, Little Rock and Courtyard by Marriott, Bentonville.
- Five breakfasts, four lunches, and five dinners, including wine and/or beer each evening.
- All admissions and guides throughout.
- All gratuities.
Optional group flight reservations – cost TBD in March 2024 and noted on the Travel Deposit Receipt – includes the following:
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation to the airport *not included if the flight is out of the Central Wisconsin Airport.
- Airline transportation throughout.
What’s not covered in this all-inclusive travel opportunity? Personal items such as room service, valet/laundry, liquor, and souvenirs you might wish to purchase.
Our Arkansas Artistry venture will offer terrific new experiences as well as unexpected discoveries and is limited to twenty-five travelers. Do not delay in expressing your interest with the slip below and remitting a $1,000 deposit [deposit by check due by March 1; balance due on July 1, 2024]. Call the Museum at 715.845.7010 to reserve your spot or email email@example.com.