News Shared Round the World
By: Kathy Kelsey Foley, director on March 14th, 2018
With the single click of a mouse last Thursday morning, March 8, the Woodson Art Museum proudly and joyfully shared the news that pastel artist Cindy House would be honored as the 2018 Birds in Art Master Artist.
A single mouse click.
Quite remarkable when you consider that not long ago we shared news via printed press releases and glossy photographs. Conversations with journalists and news editors took place by phone, not through email or text messages as they often do today.
While these advances can boggle the mind, even more notable is the fact that news can be shared round the world with lightning speed, without regard for time zones. Releasing the Cindy House news at 8:00 a.m. Central time brought almost instantaneous responses that continued for more than forty-eight hours.
Dozens of heartfelt and enthusiastic comments were added to the Museum’s Facebook posts and to messages shared by Cindy and others delighted by the news.
Here’s a sampling:
• Superb. Many congratulations, Cindy. A richly deserved accolade.
• Congratulations! Cindy, are you familiar with the Debbie Reynolds “Told You So” dance? Google the GIF; I am so happy for you!
• That is so great, Cindy! Congratulations! You definitely belong in that august group!
• Great news, Cindy! I’ve been waiting for this . . . a perfect honor to a great artist!
• WOW! What a tremendous honor, Cindy, and so well deserved. Now you stand in company with some of the greats recognized in past years. So happy that your talents and body of work have been recognized in this way.
• Brilliant art, brilliant artist, well-deserved honor. You’ll wear that medal well.
• Cindy, this honor at Birds in Art is a powerful testimony to the world how your pastels and your passion for painting what you love have been noticed with wide eyes.
• Excellent choice. Congrats to Cindy!!
Mark your calendars now for Saturday, September 8, the opening day of the 2018 Birds in Art exhibition. Master Artist Cindy House speaks about her artistic journey and her pastel artistry at 9:30 a.m. under the big tent in the sculpture garden.
Would you like to post a comment? Follow us on Facebook and join the discussion!
Subscribe to the Museum's weekly blog, Woodson Wanderings.