Woodson Art Museum members and friends will be on the road later this fall and you’re invited to join us for three exciting, art-filled days in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, November 14, 15, and 16.
Be among the first to see Sunken Cities: Egypt’s Lost Worlds at the Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia). This acclaimed British Museum-organized exhibition is the result of underwater archaeologists’ discovery of the lost cities of Thonis-Heracleion and Canopus.
We’ll depart from the Art Museum’s parking lot at 7:30 a.m., Wednesday, November 14, on a comfortable motor coach and return at 9:00 p.m., Friday, November 16. Highlights include:
- Docent-led tours of Sunken Cities: Egypt’s Lost Worlds and the Purcell-Cutts House, an extensively restored, Prairie School architectural masterpiece.
- Behind-the-scenes visit to the Midwest Art Conservation Center, located at Mia.
- Dinner at the Guthrie Theater’s Sea Change restaurant, followed by a performance of Noises Off.
- Visits to The Museum of Russian Art and the University of Minnesota’s all-new Bell Museum of Natural History, which opened in July.
- Experience a dynamic glass-blowing demonstration at Foci: Minnesota Center for Glass Arts.
- Lodging at the conveniently located and stylish Aloft Hotel.
- Two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners, all admissions, and gratuities included.
The trip price is $850 for Museum members ($900 for non-members) (per person, double occupancy); the single supplement is $115. A $150 deposit is required to reserve a place; trip balance is due by November 1, 2018. Call the Woodson Art Museum at 715-845-7010 to reserve your spot.
I hope this piques your interest and you will join me to experience the Sunken Cities exhibition and other sights and tastes of the Twin Cities this fall. If I can answer questions, please call me at the Museum or be in touch via email at email@example.com.
I look forward to traveling with you!
Curator of Exhibitions
Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum